About Gilgandra Shire Council
Gilgandra is a vibrant rural community in Central West NSW, situated at the junction of three main highways and in close proximity to Dubbo. There is a strong supportive community that has worked together to develop excellent schools, medical services, retail services and recreational activities that you simply do not see in communities of a similar size.
Gilgandra presents you with an opportunity to have an excellent lifestyle you may not be able to afford in the city.
About the position
Council is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced senior manager with a proven track record of strong leadership, program delivery and change management to lead and manage the Directorate to achieve the Council’s strategic direction. Reporting to the General Manager and a key member of the leadership team, the Director Infrastructure will lead a multi-disciplined group responsible for the management and provision of a number of services not limited to Water, Sewer, RMS Contracts and Construction, Bridge maintenance and replacement, Parks, Gardens, Road Infrastructure Maintenance and Fleet Management.
It is essential that the successful applicant has proven experience at senior management level, ideally in Local Government, in budget formulation and control, the delivery of services and the implementation of major projects, and possess the relevant tertiary qualifications and/or demonstrated experience or knowledge across a range of engineering functions.
- Tertiary Qualifications in civil construction, project management and/or possess demonstrated experience or knowledge across a range of engineering, water and sewer functions while specialising in one of those functions.
- Proven leadership and experience at a senior management level with a minimum 5 years experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of policy and decision making in accordance with relevant legislation and best practice principles.
- Excellent communication skills and possess the ability to lead multidisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated experience in budget formulation and control in order to achieve Council’s goals.
- Demonstrated high level of strategic organisation and planning experience and ability.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of contemporary human resources practices to the extent required to develop and maintain an effective and cohesive work group.
- Manual C class drivers licence.
- Construction White Card
- Local Government Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in business management, materials management, financial management or similar;
- Ability to deliver services in a politically sensitive environment;
- Experience in the management of assets, traffic, water and sewer operations and asset management;
- Strong organisational skills.
- Ability to use CAD programs in the design of projects
Closing date: 9:00am, 12 November 2018
Enquiries: General Manager, Mr David Neeves, on 02 6817 8800
How to apply:
Before you apply for this position, please read the Position Description carefully to assess your eligibility and suitability for the position. You will be required to answer questions that relate to the criteria on the online application below. You will also be required to attach a cover letter and your current resume which should include two recent employment related referees. Please note that you cannot submit your application without attaching a cover letter and your resume. Council will only accept applications submitted online. Please include in your resume, evidence of qualifications that you possess.
Please click here to view the full Position Description.
All correspondence will be via the email you have provided in your application.
Should you be shortlisted for interview, and are then selected to progress to the next stage following interview, you may be required to undergo the following pre-employment screening process as part of the selection process:
- A functional assessment (at Council's expense) including hearing and drug and alcohol testing
- Reference checks from your 2 work related referees
- Any other additional screening that may be relevant to the role
- Council will check the authenticity of certificates and qualification
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONCE YOU START TO COMPLETE YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION, YOU CANNOT SAVE IT AND RETURN TO IT LATER. PLEASE TAKE THE TIME AND BE PREPARED WITH YOUR RESUME READY TO UPLOAD WHEN YOU COMMENCE THE PROCESS.